We strive to bring you local, organic & sustainably sourced produce from over a dozen farms each week.
Thank you for supporting California Farms & please check out the tabs below for more information on our program!
Click on the Details tab above for a full description of the program.
Click the Log in link in the banner above.
Click the Log in link in the banner above.
- Can't find the answer in this FAQ?
- Please be sure to read through this FAQ, but if you can't find the answer here, please use the form on the "Feedback" page.
- What is the Farmers' Market Box?
- Local, pesticide free & sustainably sourced produce from over a dozen farms each week. The Farmers' Market Box (aka FMB) is our version of a CSA box. By definition, CSAs are composed of a "community of individuals who pledge support to a farm operation so that the farmland becomes, either legally or spiritually, the community's farm, with the growers and consumers providing mutual support and sharing the risks and benefits of food production" (ref).
A typical CSA consists of shareholders pledging a shared cost of the farms' operations. Each individual investment yields a share of farm crops, including a closer connection to freshly picked organic and sustainable produce that hasn't traveled thousands of miles nor has it been sitting on grocery shelves for days and weeks. Some weeks the bounty is plentiful, others can be a struggle. Shared risk is what it is like to be part of the farm. These farms raise food that is good for the soil, good for biodiversity and good for the community.Our FMB program supports multiple California Farms & Farmers each week, with whom we have a direct relationship with. As a subscriber, you are demonstrating respect for the earth by taking responsibility for sustainable farming practices, energy efficient production and distribution while paying farmers decent fair wages, and elevating environmental consciousness. We appreciate everyone's dedication and commitment to this program and ultimately to the farms you are supporting.
- How do I sign up?
- If you haven't already, you can register an account here.
- How do I order a box?
- You order a box right from the main Farmers' Market Box page. The deadline to order a box is Sunday at midnight to place an order for pickup the following Thursday/Friday/Saturday. You can place prepaid orders for up to 4 weeks in advance.
- What else can I order?
- In the spirit of collaboration, we are working with a few local companies to bring you a wider range of foodstuffs that you can add to your FMB. Sustainably caught fish from Catalina Offshore Products, outstanding California Cheeses from Venissimo Cheese & freshly baked breads from Sadie Rose Baking Co will be some of the products available for purchase. You are more than welcome to come on into the warehouse if you would like to purchase additional items as well!
- How much does it cost?
- It's only $20 for the standard box of produce. Additional charges will apply to fish, cheese, bread and other add-ons.
- How do I pay?
- All purchases are pre-pay by credit card, through our online ordering system!
- Do I have to log in each week to order?
- No! You can order up to 4 weeks at a time. The pricing of the products provided by our partners will change from week to week, and will be noted in their respective columns.
- Can I opt out?
- Yes! You control the frequency of your ordering, and can even cancel an order if you need to by managing your orders online. Please remember, the deadline to cancel with a full refund is Tuesday at midnight for the following Thursday/Friday/Saturday. If you would like to talk to someone about changing your order after the deadline, please call 619-876-4086.
- How will I know what is in the box?
- The beauty of the system is that you don't always know! Don't worry though, unless April Fools Day falls on a Thursday or Friday, you will never get a box filled only with chard. We receive all the produce on Wednesday from the Santa Monica Farmers' Market and other local farmers. We then fill the boxes, record a video & then upload it to all of our major social networking sites. Of course all produce is subject to farmers' market availabilities, sometimes the weather doesn't allow for harvesting (and we know we're all spoiled here in Southern California, so I won't mention weather again).
Bookmark this link http://ow.ly/3BsmO - a new FMB video & list will appear at the top of the list each Wednesday before 5pm. If you use a feed reader for automatic updating our RSS feed for FMB's is here: http://ow.ly/3Bskz
- Where can I find information on the produce in the box?
- All of our Farmers' Market produce has it's own page on our website specific to each farm! The weekly video will provide you with the names of the produce in the box, as well as the farm it was grown by. You will also find a weekly updated post with links to the each product pages on our website. Be sure to check out all the recipe links and restaurants that are currently using that item on their menu.
- Where do I pick up my box?
- Specialty Produce
1929 Hancock Street, Suite 150
San Diego, CA 92110
Customer Parking : The corner of Hancock & Noell.
- When can I pick up my box?
- 8am-6pm, Thursday, Friday or Saturday. You must provide a valid ID & sign an invoice in order to pick up your box. If you are unable to leave your car for any reason to pick up your box in the warehouse, we are more than happy to bring your order out to your car, call the FMB line (619-876-4086) and let us know. Please be aware that we will need to help customers currently in the warehouse so there may be a delay. If you cannot find street parking, we do have customer parking available on the corner of Hancock and Noell.
- What do I do if I need a friend to pick up a box for me?
- After you have placed your order, you go to the "Manage My Orders" page and click on the "Modify" button for the week you need some help. Then you can input an alternate name if someone else is picking up your box.
- What happens if I don't pick up my box?
- Hopefully the SMS &/or email alerts will help you to remember, we know everyone has busy schedules! If you do happen to forget, haven't called us to arrange another pick-up time, or have not canceled your order through our online interface, you will still be billed. Your box will be donated in your name to a local charity coordinated through our efforts with Feeding America (homepage).
- I checked my credit card account online and I got charged twice for my bag!?
- Chances are, you might remember you entered your billing information and our system came back and said there was some error and asked for a correction. This looks like multiple charges, but isn't...
In order to keep our credit card charges down we require that every successful transaction validate for the credit card information *AND* the billing address. Many banks allow a credit card charge to go through even with bad billing information. The only way we can meet our verification requirements is to first submit a request for an "authorization", look at the verification results and then proceed to convert the "authorization" to a "ticket or charge".
- Our online ordering system collects your card and billing information, then when you hit the "submit" button on that page, we request an "authorization" from your bank using a unique Order ID. An authorization is NOT a charge.
- The system looks at the results of that authorization request. If something was amiss (wrong address info, mis-typed security code, etc), you get a message to double-check the info and re-submit. IMPORTANT - even though a person may have mis-typed a billing zip code, many banks allow this first authorization to succeed. The re-submit is *new* authorization with a *new* Order ID.
- When an authorization comes back clean, you are presented with a page that summarizes the charges, has some legal statements and the button that says "Authorize". (The text on this page is in a form mandated buy our processor).
- When you hit the "Authorize" button, our system asks the bank to turn the "clean" authorization into what is called a "ticket". This is the actual charge against your account.
Banks have different policies on how long an authorization stays in your account, from a day or two to up to a week. Once this authorization "falls off", you will see the single charge for Specialty Produce.
- Thank you for your interest & we hope you will share your FMB experience with us on our Facebook page! We look forward to seeing your creations...
- Would you like to share photos of what you make with your produce? We are continually looking to add photos to our "customer photos" database, as well as recipes you may have posted on your blog. Feel free to email photos and links to to share with the community!
- What if I still have a question?
- Please call the FMB line at 619-876-4086 or email us at .
Catalina Offshore Products
|Dave Rudie, a professional sea urchin diver, transformed his day job into the thriving seafood enterprise Catalina Offshore Products. Diving for sea urchins and seaweed during the day, he and his wife Kathy processed them in their
garage in the evenings. Dave, Kathy, or Dave's sister, Julie, made fresh seafood deliveries the following day. After a short time, the business grew and Dave rented a processing plant part-time in the evening and hired five employees to help him process the sea urchins. Twenty five years later,
Catalina Offshore Products is one of the largest seafood import and export companies in California because of their constantly growing satisfied customer base. Catalina has over sixty employees dedicated to providing the highest quality seafood and customer service working in their San Diego
Catalina Offshore Products buys only the freshest seafood directly from reputable fishermen who catch their seafood throughout the pristine waters of Southern California and Baja California. Catalina Offshore Products technicians have trained these fishermen in the strict handling procedures necessary to preserve exceptional freshness and optimum quality. Most fishing is done with hand lines to save the environment and maintain our natural resources. Every boat contains chill tanks to ensure exceptional freshness, and we pick up the fish as it comes to the harbor or beach. Their 16,000 square foot processing plant is HACCP Compliant and as of the January 1, 2010, 100% solar powered!
|Venissimo Cheese was founded by Gina & Roger Freize in San Diego, California, in 2003. But it almost never opened! The owner of the retail space was not interested in splitting a larger space nor leasing a little wedgie to
an unknown business in an unknown industry (who wants to buy just cheese)? After spending months calling & faxing reasons to let Venissimo in, Gina overheard that the owner would be at the site on a certain day. So she snuck in with a cheese plate to let the product & presentation speak
for itself. Needless to say, the owner was convinced & agreed to the deal the very next day! Venissimo Mission Hills opened its doors on January 17, 2003. Roughly three years later, Venissimo opened its second location in Del Mar. It's third shop in Belmont Shore just opened in November
2008 & its newest location - complete with an Academy of Cheese (AoC) - just opened in downtown San Diego in September 2009! Where next? Stay tuned...
Venissimo's mission is to do for cheese what Starbucks® did for coffee! "Someday, camembert will be as well-known as cappuccino," says Cheese Wiz Gina. We will do this by sharing the goodness & glory of cheese. Literally - when you visit the shop, you can taste absolutely anything you like. Friendly cheeseheads and descriptive receipts (complete with pronunciations, country of origin, milk type & more) aim to take the intimidation out of artisinal cheese shopping. Take a peek at our debut video on YouTube to get a feel for what we're all about.
|American Tuna was formed by six American pole & line fishing families in San Diego, California in 2005. The Mission of American Tuna is to provide high quality sustainable canned albacore tuna products customers can buy directly from the source. We only procure sustainable pole & line albacore from the American Pacific Northwest for all of our products. Our products are all hand filleted and hand packed in Oregon. Custom coding and yearly audits give us traceability of each unit back to the sustainable American harvest vessel.|
|From my heart to your tummy... Andrea has been locally handcrafting chocolates since 2011. Andrea cooks her chocolate low and slow making only small batches using the best and sustainable ingredients.|
Bella Vie Candles
|I am a local artisan and a native San Diegan I started Bella Vie for my love of candles. I make my own scents, and use soy wax with no chemicals or dyes. I sell at Farmers Markets and I am the main candle Artisan for The US Grant Hotel.|
|Chuao Chocolatier (pronounced chew-WOW), San Diego's premier artisan chocolatier, was founded by Master Chef Michael Antonorsi and CEO Richard Antonorsi. On a mission to "arouse your senses with uniquely delicious chocolate
experiences," Chef Michael has pioneered fusion chocolate with his balance of responsibly sourced cacao, all natural ingredients and endless creativity. His confections are loved by chocoholics around the world and have been praised by Time Magazine, Chef Bobby Flay, the Today Show, Good
Morning America, the Food Network's Pat & Gina Neely and more.
Although their ancestors were cacao-farmers, the brothers haven't always made chocolate. In their thirties, Michael and Richard left behind successful high tech careers in Venezuela, their homeland, to pursue a dream. Michael's passion for food led him to Paris, where he trained as a French Chef at École Supérieure de Cuisine Française Ferrandi in Paris and completing specialized training in Pastry and Chocolaterie at the École LeNôtre. In 2002 the Antonorsi brothers, both UCSD graduates, met up in San Diego to launch Chuao Chocolatier, an artisan chocolate café in the Lumberyard in Encinitas. The company has since grown from its original location to include chocolate cafes in UTC and Del Mar Highlands and a presence in select specialty and gourmet retailers nationwide.
|Cupcakes Squared is committed to using nothing but the best ingredients, including seasonal fruits and vegetables, with no preservatives, added chemicals or food coloring.
We bake our cupcakes from scratch and include a wide variety, 40 plus flavors, of delicious choices. Our cupcakes flavors rotate daily as well as seasonally. Our very popular cookie squares are always a treat and available in gluten free.We also offer gluten free cupcakes daily and vegan and sugar free upon request.
Our family owned and operated storefront bakery is located in Point Loma, and was built and founded by local San Diegan and foodie, Robin Ross. Robin catered her way through art school and several years later, reshaped the cupcake world, inventing the square cupcake, and opening San Diego's first "cupcakery". Using the highest quality ingredients is a testament to the fact that we "do not cut corners".Enjoy! Keep watching for what's new!
Eben-Haezer Poultry Ranch
|Eben-Haezer Poultry Ranch is committed to providing our customers with the freshest, locally grown, great tasting eggs. Our eggs are the freshest and tastiest eggs you can buy. By buying locally grown eggs you are supporting
the local economy and reducing the amount of energy used in transportation. In addition, some of our producers are organically certified and utilize the latest green technology to ensure the smallest carbon footprint possible.
Eben-Haezer Poultry Ranch is a small family farm located just a short drive from San Diego. We started our farm in 1957 and for the last 55 years we have strive to produce the best quality eggs for our customers. We developed real local roots. The support from the community encouraged us to join with local restaurants, vendors, business people, and residents to provide local fresh eggs to all of San Diego County.
|Eclipse Chocolate's mission is to provide premium artisan foods & confections with a unique culinary perspective while maintaining sustainable & ethical operations and contributing to our local community.|
|Jackie's Jams is a combination of old time flavor and hometown pride.
Jackie uses only the best fruit available to make her jams. Much of the fruit is organic or all natural and locally grown. NO coloring or artificial flavoring has been added to alter the taste. Just real fruit - real flavor!At Jackie's Jams, Inc.,, we use the best ingredients and slow cooking times to bring out the best flavors possible in each of our jams.
Jerky's Gourmet of San Diego
|Jerky's Gourmet of San Diego is a local company that uses 100% grass fed beef that is raised with no hormones or antibiotics. Our beef jerky is gluten free*, low in sodium, low in sugar and is made with no nitrites/nitrates.
No artificial preservatives are ever used. Jerky's Gourmet uses quality ingredients to make all natural, great tasting beef jerky. We strive to create a healthy alternative to average store brand jerky without holding back on flavor.
*Craft Beer jerky contains gluten
Mook and Pop's Culinary Delights
|Millie Butterfield was my mom. She was an amazing baker and maker of all things sweet. Richard and Susan Widney are the owners of Mook and Pop's Culinary Delights. Growing up with delicious treats from his older sister, Richard wants to give the rest of the world a taste of homemade treats that define simple, yet gourmet desserts. He has taken Mook and Pop's and kept it run by family members who have grown up with the knowledge of home made goods and the importance of tradition. We have a vast selection of cookies, seasonal breads, seasonal pies, lemon bars, whoopie pies, rocky road, brownies, carrot cake, cinnamon rolls. Our pies are hand made using fresh seasonal fruit. Mook and Pop's will provide you the highest quality of baked goods to serve to family and friends.|
Pacific Beach Peanut Butter
|Pacific Beach Peanut Butter is a U.S. based family owned and operated company launched in 2011 by Matthew Mulvihill. They specialize in the manufacturer of certified Organic Valencia Peanut Butters and the best tasting Gourmet Flavored Peanut Butter Spreads. PB Peanut Butter sources only the finest peanuts and ingredients worthy of their specialty food products and are proud to make their gluten free product line locally in Pacific Beach! Made in small batches, they hand mix the flavors and nuts at the base of their original recipes. PB Peanut Butter has continuously shown their dedication to their customer service standards by WOWing their customers on a daily basis and continually giving back to their community. Peanut Butter Addicts are in love with Pacific Beach Peanut Butter's line of products! One taste and you'll understand why their tag line is "WannaSpoon?"|
Pascucci Family Pasta
|Local family owned and operated small pasta manufacturers serving quality unique fresh pasta products for hotels and restaurants for over 20 years. USDA/FDA approved facility. And now offered to Specialty Produce customers to enjoy anytime.|
Sadie Rose Baking Company
|At Sadie Rose Baking Company, we bake handmade breads fresh every day, the way bread has been made for centuries. We use the finest all natural ingredients and leaven our doughs with natural starters. Our skilled artisan
bakers shape each loaf by hand to preserve the open airy structure of the dough. The loaves are allowed to rise slowly to enhance the complex flavors of the wheat. Finally, the bread is scored by hand and baked in our stone hearth oven to create its beautiful caramel color and crunchy crust. We
bake our breads locally and deliver them fresh every day.
Sadie Rose's baking team is led by owner Michael Lipman. Michael has headed up baking operations since 1998 when he and his wife Jennifer started their business. Sadie Rose has been baking and delivering hand shaped hearth-baked breads to Southern California's finest restaurants, hotels and caterers for twelve years. We make everything from naturally leavened country French batards to gourmet hamburger buns and dinner rolls. Many of our breads are available par-baked.Sadie Rose recently moved to a new 23,000 sq. ft. state of the art facility in the Miramar area of San Diego. The new bakery is outfitted with the best stone hearth ovens from Italy and the latest technology in ingredient management from Austria.
You can buy Sadie Rose breads for your own table at select farmers' markets and specialty markets in San Diego County.For more information about Sadie Rose Baking Co. and our breads, visit our website at www.sadierose.com or call us toll free at 877-SADIE ROSE.
San Diego Honey Company
We curate Premium Honeys from boutique beekeepers throughout San Diego County. We offer these superb varietals and our own gourmet blends along with our most popular product: Pollen Plus™, a blend of local raw honey and local fresh bee pollen.
Spring Hill Cheese
|Located in Sonoma County California, my Uncle Larry Peter started the Spring Hill dairy farm in 1987 and began producing cheese in 1998. Now, his farm is home to a herd of over 400 Jersey cows that provide the best quality
cheese and butter to the farmers markets, specialty retail grocers, and restaurants throughout the state. Over the past quarter century, Uncle Larry has established a name synonymous with the highest quality dairy products as well as an authentic farm to table experience.
His pasture fed, sun bathing beautiful Jersey girls provide the milk for Spring Hill Jersey Cheese's growing line of farmstead cheeses and butters. Smaller than Holsteins (the iconic black-and white-cow) Jersey cows produce a greater quality yield; the milk containing a higher concentration of butterfat and are therefore more nutrient dense. The result is an incomparable rich, creamy flavor.Because of its low quantity yield, the Jersey cow is no longer common in most commercial diary operations. However Uncle Larry is committed to practice only the best in dairy farming which means sticking with the high-quality produce of the Jersey cow. His dedication in maintaining an ethical and dignified dairy farm comes from his upbringing on a small family farm, where he learned traditional farming practices, and allowed him to pursue his life-long dream, which he is proud to share with you.
Visitors are welcome any time to experience the tranquil surroundings, taste the freshest samples, and observe the cheese-making process first-hand, connecting with the earliest stages of food production in a way that has become lost in today's fast-food culture. The best time to visit the farm is in the month of October, when the annual Peter Pumpkin Patch is in full bloom! The homemade Pumpkin ice cream alone is well worth the trip. Here is a short video about Spring Hill Farms to inspire your next real farm food adventure...
Spring Valley Wild Rice
|Our family has been farming rice in the Sacramento Valley for 40 years and farming Wild Rice for over 25 years. Keith & Sharon Davis have 3 sons, Brett, Justin, and Brian, who are all somewhat involved in this
long-standing family business. Keith is the long-time farm operator. Sharon does all the books and just about everything else that doesn't involve getting her hands dirty. The boys worked on the farm durning summers since they were about 13 years old through their college years. We are pleased
that Brett has recently returned to work on the family farm full time.
Spring Valley Wild Rice uses only the highest grade Wild Rice. It's packaged very attractively in colorful cotton draw-string bags. Spring Valley Wild Rice adds a gourmet flavor to home entertaining. Since Wild Rice is high in fiber, protein, & Vitamin B, and low in fat, it's "naturally nutritious." Its versatility lends itself to todays busy and varied lifestyles.
|The thing is this, here at The MeatMen we diverge from other salami. The quality of an old world cold fermentation process provides the full flavor of heritage pork and organic fair trade spices. Artisan dry sausages are hand formed and hung for a six week slow drying process. Without nitrate pink salt, salt is the natural and unadulterated traditional cure for which there's no substitute. It's slow food and the flavor comes from the process. The ideal accompaniment with seasonal raw fruit, veggies, and hearth bread. We put twists on all traditional meats with The MeatMen passport stamp from French, Italian, German, and Spanish dry sausages.|
|Although our 'specialty' is fruit & vegetables, we also carry a full line of products you wish you had in your pantry. Aged Balsamic Vinegar, artisianal sea salts, truffle & infused oils and even saffron line our shelves! Keep an eye out for what we'll be offering....|
Check out our YouTube videos of past Farmers' Market Boxes...
Specialty Produce Farmers' Market Box (FMB™) Online Standard Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE FAQ BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THE SPECIALTY PRODUCE FARMERS' MARKET BOX (FMB™) ONLINE PROGRAM. PARTICIPATION IN THE SPECIALTY PRODUCE FARMERS' MARKET BOX (FMB™) ONLINE PROGRAM INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR OR PARTICIPATE IN THE SPECIALTY PRODUCE FARMERS' MARKET BOX (FMB™) ONLINE PROGRAM.
- Program Participation
- Participation in the Program is subject to Specialty Produce's prior approval and continued compliance with the Program Policies (see "Program Policies"), and/or such other URL as Specialty Produce may provide from time to time. Specialty Produce reserves the right to refuse participation to any applicant or participant at any time in its sole discretion. By enrolling in the Program, You represent that You are at least 18 years of age.
- Program Policies
- Only registered users may participate in the FMB Program.
- The deadline for orders, changes and cancellations is Sundays at midnight for pickup the following Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
- If you do not cancel your order by the deadline and cannot pick up your box, perhaps you might give it to a friend - just call or email us and we'll note that on the order. Otherwise these become unclaimed boxes.
- Pickup times are Thursday, Friday or Saturday, 8am-6pm.
- Pickups are at the Specialty Produce warehouse, 1929 Hancock St., Suite 150, San Diego, CA 92110, unless you are part of a Distribution Group, in which case your pickup is coordinated with your group.
- Unclaimed boxs will be donated, coordinated through our efforts with various local food charity groups.
- Group Policies
- The Specialty Produce delivery person will check over the group's packing list and goods with the group administrator. Once product is checked in, it is the group administrator's responsibility to make sure the members receive their order, including any add-ons.
- Termination or Cancellation
- Specialty Produce reserves the right to cancel or terminate participation to any participant at any time at its sole discretion.
- No Guarantee
- Specialty Produce, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents make no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to items of merchandise, and shall not be liable for any loss, expense (including without limitation, any legal fees), accident or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of such items or as a result of any assumed defect or failure of such items. For the avoidance of doubt, Specialty Produce does not guarantee the Program will be operable at all times or during any down time (i) caused by outages to any public Internet backbones, networks or servers, (ii) caused by any failures of Your equipment, systems or local access services, (iii) for previously scheduled maintenance or (iv) relating to events beyond Specialty Produce's (or its wholly owned subsidiaries') control such as strikes, riots, insurrection, fires, floods, explosions, war, governmental action, labor conditions, earthquakes, natural disasters, or interruptions in Internet services to an area where your servers are located or co-located.
- Limitations of Liability
- Each party acknowledges that the other party has entered into this Agreement relying on the limitations of liability stated herein and that those limitations are an essential basis of the bargain between the parties. Without limiting the foregoing and except for payment obligations, neither party shall have any liability for any failure or delay resulting from any condition beyond the reasonable control of such party, including but not limited to governmental action or acts of terrorism, earthquake or other acts of God, labor conditions, and power failures.
- Payment for orders is done through our online ordering system by credit card for purchases up to 4 weeks in advance.
- Refunds and Returns
- We will accept returns, for a full refund, of packaged, non-perishable items. For perishable items, we will apply a refund if you are not satisfied for any reason. For both perishable and returned non-perishable items please notify us within 14 days of the date of receipt of the product.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
We send you informational and email marketing emails as per your "Contact Preferences" that were first set when you created your account and which you can change in your account settings.
We do not share or sell your information, email, contact information or purchase history at all.
- Specialty Produce Rights
- You acknowledge that Specialty Produce owns all right, title and interest, including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below), in and to the Program (including Specialty Produce's serving technology, search technology, referral technology, and Brand Features, including implied licenses, and excluding items licensed by Specialty Produce from third parties and that You will not acquire any right, title, or interest in or to the Program except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Specialty Produce services, software, or documentation, or create or attempt to create a substitute or similar service or product through use of or access to the FMB Program or proprietary information related thereto. "Intellectual Property Rights" means any and all rights existing from time to time under patent law, copyright law, semiconductor chip protection law, moral rights law, trade secret law, trademark law, unfair competition law, publicity rights law, privacy rights law, and any and all other proprietary rights, as well as, any and all applications, renewals, extensions, restorations and re-instatements thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide.
- Changes in Terms and Conditions :
- Specialty Produce reserves the right to change, limit, modify or cancel Program Terms and Conditions, regulations, conditions of participation in whole or part at any time. You will be bound by any such changes.
- What is the idea behind the FMB Group Program?
- In an effort to reach a wider audience and share the bounty of our locally grown produce, we created the FMB Group Program. The program is ideal for any group looking to promote healthy eating, support local growers and give back to the San Diego community.
- What is a Group?
- A group is any number of people belonging to a common organization, location or network, i.e. church groups, fitness clubs, wellness groups, company employees. The collective members of a group have expressed interest in the FMB Group program and want their boxes delivered to a pre-arranged pickup location, at a specific time. This could be an office building, a gym, a library, even a retail store! One member of your group will act as the Group Administrator.
- What are the benefits of ordering as a group?
- Convenient weekly delivery to your pre-arranged pickup location!
- No obligation; opt in and out of the program at your leisure.
- Register, pre-pay online, manage and customize your own orders.
- Do we have to order a certain number of boxes or juice bags?
- Groups minimums are determined by how far we have to travel to deliver your group's orders. We'll figure out this minimum with you after we receive your inquiry form.
- What does a Group Administrator do?
- The administrator is responsible for maintaining a current list of members and communicating new member names to Specialty Produce. If members' boxes are delivered to your group's drop-off location, the administrator is ultimately responsible for the proper storage and distribution of the boxes.
- How does my group get setup?
- Please fill out the form and we will contact you with more information and to enroll your group in our Farmers’ Market Box Group Program.
- How do I signup?
- If you don't already have a user account on SpecialtyProduce.com, you need to register. Then let your group administrator know you are ready to be added to the group.
- Does each group member need to log in weekly to order?
- No! You can order up to 4 weeks at a time. The pricing of the products provided by our partners will change from week to week, and will be noted in their respective columns.
- Can members of the group opt out?
- Yes! You control the frequency of your ordering, and can even cancel an order if you need to by managing your orders online. Please remember, the deadline to cancel with a full refund is Sunday at midnight for the following Thursday/Friday. If you would like to talk to someone about changing your order after the deadline, please call 619-876-4086.
- How do we receive our boxes?
- Specialty Produce will deliver your group's boxes to your pre-determined site, i.e. your office, park, building, school or small business, on the day and time set up for your group.
- More about the FMB program...
- See the FAQ tab for additional information about Specialty Produce's Farmers' Market Box program.
To join a group, first make sure you have logged in.
Look over the list of groups below note the Group Code for the group you want to join.
Click on "My Account" under your username in the upper-right of the browser window.
On your account management page, click on the "Group Info" tab, enter the Group Code and hit "Submit".
|Group Code||Location||Pick-up Day||Pick-up Time||** Allow
3933 30th Street
San Diego, CA 92104
|Thursday||4pm - 8pm||No||Let the front counter or your server know your name for the FMB pick-up.
Join Caffe Calabria for a night of Specialty Produce FMB inspired menu specials every Thursday when you come to pick up your Farmers' Market Box.